The agile principles have been developed to aid businesses on how to adopt agile values and implement them in the workplace.
The principles will help management create a work environment that is focused on the customer, that aligns to business objectives and that can respond and pivot quickly as user needs and market forces change1.
- Satisfying customers through early and continuous delivery of valuable work.
- Breaking big work down into smaller tasks that can be completed quickly.
- Recognizing that the best work emerges from self-organized teams.
- Providing motivated individuals with the environment and support they need and trusting them to get the job done.
- Creating processes that promote sustainable efforts.
- Maintaining a constant pace for completed work.
- Welcoming changing requirements, even late in a project.
- Assembling the project team and business owners on a daily basis throughout the project.
- Having the team reflect at regular intervals on how to become more effective, then tuning and adjusting behavior accordingly.
- Measuring progress by the amount of completed work.
- Continually seeking excellence.
- Harnessing change for a competitive advantage.
For more about this topic, download our latest book "Creating Agile Organizations" for FREE: